Sunday, September 2, 2012

Western loop

Month, Day: 169, Names, Speech (Beauty)

Earlier, while considering the long time spent in New England (and New York City), I mentioned that I've been in (or near to) all the cities that the Master had visited while in the U.S. and Canada. So, it's been interesting to see how far removed I was at each location. Too, there are many things that we can learn from that year, more than many might consider to be possible.

Of course, there were times of actual congruence, say, like the Temple in Wilmette. The others, I'll figure out as I review the itinerary in more detail. What we see is a location issue, dealing with differences in properties, whose study seems, as of this time, to be outside of the constrained view of science (hence, audacity). But, that's a topic of continuing interest.

For now, let's just look at the Western trip. Taking San Francisco, for example, it was forty-five years ago (1967), this month, while I was living within one mile of the principal residence for the Master in SF (1815 California) that I met someone who turned out to be my Baha'i teacher and declared. After that, I spent a couple of years within 3 miles of that SF location without knowing about it. I don't remember anyone mentioning the 1912 trip at that time (late 60s).

A bit earlier in my life, I had spent, I find out from looking at the map, three years within 10 miles, or so, of the Inglewood location where the Master visited Thornton Chase's grave. Thornton is old-time American which is one thing of interest to me personally, since my work on defining meme/gene (perhaps, there is another descriptive method for this) relationships is based upon the migration that started in the 17th century.

---

The western trip covered cities in between that were residences (or work sites) in several states: Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Utah. And, Western New York. Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. were on earlier jaunts.  

---

The Twin Days (of course, we're talking about an actual point that is a few years later) were 19th century going into the 20th century visit. We're now 21st. So, in essence, the times of the Principals is about mid-way between the times of those early souls and ourselves (audacity says there is something to this).

Looking at some of those who were met the Master (a veritable Who's Who) in that northeastern realm, and in particular, some of the main folks in the stories, we see old-time families all around. Of course, a lot of the old-time implies those from that northern isle that ran the world for awhile.

---

Of course, I've spent an abundance of time in the eastern regions, too, including a long stint in the Capitol city. It's nice to see that the Master got to tour the Library of Congress; after all, this Revelation has a major theme of systems (to be discussed). The explosion all around results partly from that. Again, visitors in D.C. were a Who's Who with long familial associations. I didn't see any reference relating to a White House or a Capitol building visit. D.A.R. and Arlington National Cemetery were on the list, though. 

Remarks:

10/17/2012 -- Apple of the Bab's eye. Also, only in California.

10/11/2012 --A visit to the grave site of Thornton Chase on October 19, 1912.

09/24/2012 -- The west, finally.

Modified: 10/17/2012

No comments: